I’m looking for new adventures! These might be:
- A full-time position
- A paid board or advisory position
- A long-term contract
Maybe there’s a me-shaped hole in your organization! Let’s talk.
What do I do?
I’m an experienced technology leader and strategist with an engineering background.
I’ve spent years working in leadership teams, including:
- Chief Technology Officer at startups and non-profit newsrooms
- Director of Investments at an early-stage startup accelerator
- Co-founder and first developer of one of the first open source social networking platforms and an open source publishing platform, both of which were acquired
Alongside this, I also:
- Taught equitable product design to newsrooms as part of Open Matter and the Newmark School’s Product Immersion for Small Newsrooms
- Served as the Geek in Residence at the Edinburgh Festivals Innovation Lab
- Was a senior engineer at Medium, a top 100 website, where I also co-founded the openness circle and co-led workshops into responses to the 2016 election
- Have been an active member of the indieweb community, advocating for a vibrant, diverse, independent web
- Open sourced a rubric for making technology decisions
What am I looking for?
I want to work with collaborative, empathetic, inclusive teams that are using technology to make the world better — or are advising mission-driven organizations about their use of technology.
We might be a great fit if:
- You need someone who can create a product vision and execute on it
- You’re looking for a leader with a technical background who can create a supportive, productive team culture
- You’re looking for someone to advise on technology or startup strategy
- You want to stay on top of technology trends and assess emerging opportunities
- You need someone to help hire a great technology team
- You’ve enjoyed my writing here and believe these ideas would be useful in your organization
Or all of the above! I would also strongly consider teaching or research positions.
What am I not looking for?
We’re not a great fit if:
- You work with the military of any nation
- You’re primarily looking for a software engineer (although I love coding in the context of the work listed above)
- You’re an all-male or all-White team
I also only take remote-first positions, although I am willing to travel into the office or to customers from time to time. I can work in the United States without need for a visa or sponsorship.
How can I get in touch?
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to organize a chat. I’m looking forward to meeting you!